Sunday, June 17, 2012

Thing 10-Picasa


http://picasa.google.com
This is the URL that I downloaded Picasa from.
To edit the original photo in Picasa I first added text to explain it was a trip with my former 7th grade class.  Then I reduced the color temperature to get it to glow a little. Next I changed the tint to red because Mars is the red planet.  Finally, I used the graduated tint to darken the edges.  picasaweb.google.com/105119369540484365757/OldStudentPictures  This is the URL of my Picasa web album that I am using to store my new Mission to Mars photo.  I also used my Picasa web album to share this new photo with my wife Amanda.  I can use this in my 3rd grade classroom by taking pictures of the students doing skits, cooperative learning, getting awards, putting their pictures on awards, or student of the month to add them to my blog or teacher website to communicate with parents and acknowledge students.

Uploading to a public photo sharing site was a little confusing, I hope Flickr counts.  Here is my upload on Flickr.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/80609790@N02/?uploaded=1&magic_cookie=3a4b94dcc059fdf7c81a36f33977087a 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks cool. Good idea for use. If you didn't know already, you can also use Jing to capture an image and then annotate (arrows, text, etc.) over the image and save it. If you want to spend $50, you can buy Snagit to do more editing and enhancing of images. Check it out: SNAGIT

    ReplyDelete