Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thing 5- Thinkfinity

One activity I could use is "Fractured Fairy Tales".  In this activity, the kids read an example of a fractured fairy tale and then they read an actual fairy tale, then rewrite it as a fractured fairy tale.  This seems like an engaging way to get kids to write and think deeper about fairy tale elements.  I would use it after doing a fractured fairy tale as a class.  I would have them work in teams of two and come up with a fractured fairy tale using the interactive online tool.  Then have them share to the class.  Another activity I would use is "Eye on Idioms".  In this activity, the students have to choose the right idiom from a list of idioms to complete the sentence.  It also asks them to explain what the idiom means and gives them a picture as a clue.  I like this activity because it gives kids the visual and would allow for good discussion as a class.  I would do this whole class at first to get them comfortable with the task and then have them work in pairs to use the online idiom tool and discuss later as a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment