Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thing 2- Face of the Classroom

http://mrvshawks.weebly.com

Making a website for my classroom using this website was a little frustrating because it did not allow me to put things like small powerpoints onto the pages which would have been very useful to me.  Also, I just tripped over my own feet for a while trying to figure out how to make new pages and choosing the best template.  Finally, the free pictures weren't very good, but knowing how to use jing made that no problem at all.  This could be very useful for parents to have a central site to go to in order to see what their child is learning, learn about their teacher, and be able to have continued conversations with their studnets about what they are learning.  P.S.  I've just been diagnosed with pneumonia, so I apolagize for not being very active, but it has been a very difficult week health wise.

1 comment:

  1. Chad,

    There are a few ways to post PowerPoints in Weebly. One way is to type text like (PowerPoint on Mammals), highlight the text, then click the hyper link icon in the editing bar (looks like a chain link). Then you can choose to upload a file, and the highlighted text will be a link to your slides. Go to this link to see my Weebly page: http://education.weebly.com/weebly/main.php.

    You can also upload your slides to Google Docs and embed them in Weebly. That way the slides will appear visually on the page. This is what it looks like on a Google Site: https://sites.google.com/a/kentisd.org/digitaltextbooks/home/chapter-1-intro-overview. Let me know if you want to know more about that.
    -Craig

    ReplyDelete