Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thing14-Productivity Tools

As a 3rd grade teacher, I might need to convert my documents from word to pdf files to make sure that students and parents do not change the change the document when they open it from my website, whether on purpose or accidently. Also, so that students or parents with a variety of computer programs will be able to open and use the documents I put online.   I think knowing how to convert files will influence my classroom the most by turning pdf files into word documents so that I can make changes to pdf files that I find online to improve them by adding to or deleting information or making changes to the vocabulary to make it easier for younger students to use.

Part 2:  I changed a word document on my mac to a bmp file.  It was easy.  I changed a word doc on into a docx file.  Easy.  I changed a word doc into a gif.  Easy.  I changed a word doc into a html zip.  It was horrible, the document is all messed up with spacing and different text and bullets.  I changed a word doc into a jpg.  It was not as easy because like some of the others it opened in a zip file. I think this tool will be very helpful to turn some file formats that are difficult to use into some formats that are easier to manipulate or show the document in a better way and more user friendly way.

Google Calendar:  This is going to be a very helpful tool to increase productivity, communication, and promptness to meetings.  As far as communication goes, this is going to help me communicate with parents by sharing important dates throughout the year and reminders of days that parents plan to volunteer in the classroom.  With colleagues and administration, this is going to help me stay on top of meetings and communicate with my gradelevel team important meeting dates, testing, and school wide functions.  My students are third graders, so I don't know how much it will help them.


No comments:

Post a Comment